11/18/2014

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first".

I want to start off this blog with a famous quote I came across a long time ago while reading a newspaper article on food: "Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first"
Ernestine Ulmer, the American author this quote is mainly associated with, was perhaps alluding to something else -  the uncertainty of life, its unpredictability - when she first mentioned those words. Well, possibly. But if you love desserts - and good food in general -, you will probably agree with Ernestine's statement. After all, isn't eating itself one of the greatest pleasures in life?

Now, before going on discussing about the topic, and before the blog-project I'm running really "takes off", I would like to tell you a bit more about myself since I'm new on here.

Hello everyone, I'm Stefano, a 21-year-old student of foreign languages at Scuola Superiore per Mediatori Linguistici of Padua. I was born and raised in a small town in the Veneto region, halfway between the marvellous city famous all over the world for its canals, Venice, and Padua, an important centre of culture and learning.

Alongside being a student, I do also work as steward in the touristic port of Venice, and in my free time I usually give private lessons to children in primary school too. 

Ever since I was a child, I've always had a strong interest in both learning new languages and the ancient art of cooking, with particular regard to sweets. This blog aims thus at combining both of the passions - on the one hand that of the English language, and on the other hand that of desserts and food. 

I would like people who share my common interests to comment my future posts, giving me advise and tips on what I should do or write about next.


I'll leave you for now. Stay tuned for more posts.


Stefano. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I completely agree with this quote. I think this could also be related to our generation regarding living our lives. Our parents first wanted to make sacrifices and then enjoy their lives. We, on the other hand, prefer to enjoy the life because it's true that life is uncertain and we don't know what the future holds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stefano! I love the quote you chose for your blog. Each time I am cooking or eating a piece of cake I feel absolutely relaxed and all my worries go away. Surely, as you wrote, eating is one of the greatest pleasure in life but I think this “pleasure” must be related to healthy food. Eating junk or frozen food is not a pleasure. Do you agree with me? Have you ever thought about posting some advice to promote it?

    ReplyDelete